Are you ready for some hard-hitting football? The time is coming! The end of the month marks the opening of training camp and most of us are waiting to see what kind of thrills the Seahawks will give us this year. With the defense being toted as one of the best up and coming with young talent all converging together it’s going to be a hard-hitting year. Seahawks like Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, and Brandon Browner all making the opposing team sweat with tension knowing they could be on the receiving end of one of these horrific blows.
As we enter 2012, most of us can hardly contain ourselves awaiting these hard hits that we love. The ones that cause fumbles, the ones that land an opponent on his back wondering where he is. Football is an aggressive sport, and that’s the way we love to see the Seahawks play it. Why don’t we take a look back at some of the best hits the Seahawks have made. These are in no particular order, and I may have left out several that should be on this list, but these are the ones I feel are worth several watches!
1. Steve Largent vs (Broncos) Mike Harden. The play is a 3rd and 1, in the red zone. Kreig hikes the ball and drops into his steps, looks left and tosses it up. Overthrown just a bit, Harden intercepts, and starts his return. The video is seen here.
2. The second video I have chosen was the hit that Kam Chancellor put on Todd Heap. Heap was running toward Earl Thomas after an interception, and Kam Chancellor just lays the wood down on him. The video goes extremely fast, but check that out here.
3. I realize that I already have Kam Chancellor in another video, but this one is just too good not to share. Chancellor plays mean, and the lights go out when he hits.
4. Another current Seahawk- Richard Sherman. Dez Bryant catches a sure touchdown pass and is on his way until Sherman steps in and adds his two cents worth. Bryant denied the touchdown, Seahawks get the turnover. Watch!
6. While probably not intended this way, Anthony Hargrove and Johnny Knox collide while Knox is going to recover a fumble he just lost. Knox gets bent in half, and his back is broken.
Hope these links get the blood flowing and get you pumped up for some Seahawks football. 2012 is going to be an intense hard-hitting season, that will leave at least a few opposing players wondering why the sky is green and exactly where they are. The defensive players returning to play this season like to play rough, and don’t care that the league is getting soft. Here’s to adding some more hard hits this year.